This Application collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Table of Contents
- 1 Data Controller and Owner
- 2 Types of Data collected
- 3 Mode and place of processing the Data
- 4 Place
- 5 Conservation Time
- 6 The use of the collected Data
- 7 Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
- 8 Additional information about Data collection and processing
- 9 Legal Action
- 10 Additional Information about User’s Personal Data
- 11 System Logs and Maintenance
- 12 Information not contained in this policy
- 13 The rights of Users
- 16 Definitions and legal references
Data Controller and Owner
SEO North, 2556 Dow St, 168, Ottawa, ON, K0A2P0
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, are Cookies, Usage Data, First Name, Last Name, Phone number, and Email.
The Personal Data may be freely provided by the User or collected automatically when using this Application.
Failure to provide specific Personal Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services.
The User assumes responsibility for the Personal Data of third parties published or shared through this Application and declares the right to communicate or broadcast them, thus relieving the Data Controller of all responsibility.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Method of processing
The Data Controller appropriately processes the Data of Users and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT-enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The Data Controller may request the updated list of these parties at any time.
The Data is processed at the Controller’s operating offices and in other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. For further information, please get in touch with the Data Controller.
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document. The User can always request the Data Controller for their suspension or removal.
The use of the collected Data
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Application to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting, Analytics, Contacting the User, Managing email addresses and sending messages, Content commenting, Displaying content from external platforms and Interaction with live chat platforms.
The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Contacting the UserContact form (This Application)By filling in the contact form with their Data, the Users authorize this Application to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes, or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header. Personal Data collected: Email, First Name, Last Name, and Phone number. Phone contact (This Application)Users that provided their phone number might be contacted for commercial or promotional purposes related to this Application, as well as for fulfilling support requests. Personal Data collected: Phone number. Mailing List or Newsletter (This Application)By registering to the mailing list or to the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature concerning this Application. Your email address might also be added to this list due to signing up to this Application or after performing a purchase. Personal Data collected: Email.
- Content commenting services allow Users to make and publish their comments on this application’s content.
Users may also leave anonymous comments depending on the settings chosen by the Owner. If there is an email address among the Personal Data provided by the User, it may be used to send notifications of comments on the same content. Users are responsible for the content of their own words.
- Displaying content from external platforms allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from this application’s pages and interact with them.
- Interaction with live chat platforms these services allow Users to interact with third-party live chat platforms directly from the pages of this Application for contacting and being contacted by this Application support service.
- Managing email addresses and sending messages, these services make it possible to manage a database of email contacts to communicate with the User via email.
- Remarketing and Behavioral TargetingThese services allow this Application and its partners to inform, optimize and serve to advertise based on the user’s past use of this Application.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court, or the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related services.
Additional Information about User’s Personal Data
System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System Logs) or use other Personal Data (such as IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time at its contact information.
The rights of Users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy, or to ask for them to be supplemented, canceled, updated, or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information above.
This Application does not support “do not track” requests.
To understand if any of the third-party services it uses honor the “do not track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution, or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Information collected automatically from this Application (or third-party services employed in this Application ), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with particular reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Application must coincide with or be authorized by the Data Subject to whom the Personal Data refer.
The legal or natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Controller (or Application Owner, or Owner)
The natural person, legal person, public administration, or any other body, association, or organization with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes and the methods of processing Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Application.
The hardware or software tool by which the User’s Personal Data is collected.
Small piece of data stored in the User’s device.
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared to fulfill the obligations under Art. 10 of EC Directive n. 95/46/EC, and under the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC, as revised by Directive 2009/136/EC, on the subject of Cookies.
Published on: 2022-12-06
Updated on: 2022-12-06