YouTube SEO is the method of optimizing YouTube videos and channels to increase your rankings. Existing search engines like YouTube uses advanced algorithms to decide whether your videos will go up or down in rank based on specific criteria.
The process of Optimizing for YouTube helps increase your key metrics such as website visits, follower count, brand awareness, and most importantly, revenue.
YouTube SEO is also about optimizing your channel’s page, description, metadata, playlists, and videos. You will also be able to optimize your videos for the search engine on YouTube in tandem with other search engines. For example, users may also find your videos using Google, Bing, or other search software programs.
YouTube optimization also records and focuses on the number of views your video gets and how it ranks in a particular category. Note that when brands began to optimize for trending in YouTube search, they saw a growth of 50% in viewing time which occurred year after year in the past three years.
How To Execute YouTube SEO
Focusing on how text is used in your video is key to better performance and higher ranking. Pay attention to how your transcripts are written, along with the closed captions and the subtitles. Learn how to leverage the power of text by using relevant keywords on all your pages, as you will find that it will increase SERP rankings and grow your audience.
Protips on YouTube SEO:
- Optimize descriptions and meta descriptions
- Use Cards to promote other related videos
- Add Closed captions in videos containing SRT files
- Identify and choose the most relevant category for your video
- Apply well-researched keywords to your text in the most natural way possible.
Using Keywords in these areas will also increase your rankings:
- CTA or call to action.
To increase your chances of showing up in the search trends, consider the following questions:
- How much time does your user spend watching your video?
- What is the approximate geolocation of your users/user who watches your videos?
- Does your viewer click on your call to action or CTA after watching your video?
- Does your meta description and video description match your user’s query?
YouTube, in general, will choose and show videos that are most relevant to viewers and the ones that are indicative of the bigger audience on the platform. YouTubes’s search trend mechanism also looks into how appealing your video is. They use metrics to calculate ranking that include the following: total and current views, growth, where they came from, and how old the video is.
Ultimately, the most crucial element in optimizing video content is keyword processing. This approach includes keyword research, analysis, and implementation. By following the tips outlined in this article, you are undoubtedly on your way to increasing your ranking on YouTube.
What is YouTube SEO?